The Bridge is Bridgewater State University’s award-winning arts journal that features visual art and literature contributed by students and alumni. Our team will be collecting submissions Monday, December 14th through Friday, December 18th.
We are accepting digital art and literature through the Maxwell Library’s virtual commons and physical art in person at the Art Building Room 201.
Digital Submission Instructions
- Make an account on the Maxwell Library’s virtual commons. You will not be able to sign in using your BSU account. If you have not logged onto the virtual commons before, you will need to make a new account.
- Read and review the Submission Agreement. If you consent to these guidelines, check the box at the bottom and click on “Continue.”
- Please title your work. The Bridge team highly recommends that you give a distinctive title to your work.
- Fill out your personal information. This includes: name, major and year, phone number, and note on author/artist.
- Fill out your submission information. This includes: the type of submission, media type/genre, dimensions (if it is a visual art submission), orientation, and description of submission. Please be as detailed as possible. If you are submitting multiple works, include in your submission description each title, genre, and any other relevant information.
- All images that are submitted must be a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Please type “N/A” in any box marked “required” that does not apply to your submission.
- Upload the file containing your artwork. Please upload the file from your computer. If you are submitting multiple works of art or literature, please submit your works one file at a time. Please do not submit one file containing several works.
- Indicate whether or not you are bringing your work in to have it photographed. If your submission is a digital file, select “no” and write “N/A” under ticket number.
- If you have no additional files for this submission, hit submit. Please click only once. You have successfully submitted to The Bridge!
Physical Submission Instructions
Physical, 3-D artwork (paintings, sculptures, prints, textiles, jewelry, etc.) will need to be photographed by the staff of The Bridge. The Bridge staff will be in Room 201 of the Art Building during the week of submissions (Dec. 14th-18th). Please bring your art with you, and our staff will photograph your piece. Computers will be available to you to fill out the submission form and Bridge team members will be available for assistance.
Best of luck! We look forward to your submissions!
Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.