It’s that time of year again, and submissions of art and literature are open for volume 15. As we did last year, we are using Qualtrics. If work is submitted via our old Virtual Commons submissions, we cannot guarantee that it will be considered, as that submission page is not monitored.
The Bridge is Bridgewater State University’s award-winning arts journal that features visual art and literature contributed by students and alumni. Digital submissions are open from Wednesday, November 15th through Wednesday, December 20th.
Our team will be collecting physical art submissions from Friday, December 15th through Wednesday, December 20th. Stop by Art Building 201 for physical art submissions, or to have any questions answered.
For complete information for visual art drop-off and submission times, please view our submission schedule.
Please follow all instructions for submitting to The Bridge carefully.
- Read and review the Submission Agreement. If you consent to these guidelines, check the box at the bottom and click “Continue.”
- Please title your work. The Bridge team highly recommends that you give a distinctive title to your work. If submitting multiple works in one submission, include all titles in this space, separated by commas. (Ex., “Work One,” “Work Two,” etc.)
- Fill out your personal information. This includes: name, major and year, phone number, and note on author/artist.
- Fill out your submission information. This includes: the type of submission, media/genre, dimensions (if it is a visual art submission), orientation, and description of submission. Please be as detailed as possible. If you are submitting multiple works, include in your submission description each title, genre, and any other relevant information.
- All images that are submitted must be a minimum of 300 dpi (preferably higher).
- Please type “N/A” in any box marked “required” that does not apply to your submission.
- Upload the file containing your artwork. If you are submitting multiple works of art or literature, please submit your works one file at a time. Do not submit one file containing several works. Please include the title of the work in the file name.
- If your submission is a digital file, write “N/A” under ticket number.
If you have no additional files for this submission, hit submit. Please click only once. You have successfully submitted to The Bridge!
While we do allow multiple works per submission, it is very important that writers not submit several works as one single file. As we cannot open .PAGES files that are submitted, make sure any documents submitted are .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, or .png files. We recommend that contributor bios are written in the third person.